A modular distribution center (MDC) is a compact conventional substation typically placed directly in areas of load growth. The current concept of a MDC substation consists of a small or medium power transformer (ranging from 5 MVA up to 60MVA), with primary voltages in the range of 12.47 kV to 161 kV, and low voltages between 34.5kV and down to 400V, with de-energized (DETC) or on-load (OLTC) tap changer. This concept includes enclosed or outside switchgear, such as fuses, load break switches, reclosers, circuit breakers, and protection and control devices such as surge arresters and control relays. With the ability to have its own auxiliary power feeding off a potential transformer, the solution reduces greatly the footprint of your commonly large, fenced in conventional substation, while providing the same functionality.
• Cost efficient / optimized TCO
• Environmentally friendly (bio-fluid optional)
• Reduced installation time
• Exceed public safety standards
• Includes Recloser and SCADA
• Includes transformer ON/OFF switch
• Available with DETC or OLTC